A Brief History of First Presbyterian Church
For all of its history, First Presbyterian Church of Arlington Heights has been a pillar organization of the community and a source of spiritual strength for its members.  1994 dedication
 1912 Church Founded in 1855, when the pioneer town was known as Dunton, the church started with two dozen members. Membership climbed slowly until the 1950’s when it increased greatly and settled at about 1,600, which is its current level.
The major building programs over the years included: the original white frame building completed in 1856; the replacement brick structure, now the Chapel, which was dedicated on the same site in 1912; the Sanctuary in 1953; the Christian Education Building in 1961; and the Parish Center in 1995, which added a parlor, library, music practice space, offices, and a welcoming foyer.  Sanctuary 1953
 Stumpf  

During its recent history, First Presbyterian has had especially strong Sunday school, adult education, music, and mission programs. For example, every February, since the 1980s, we have sent a team of volunteers to the Dominican Republic to help with health, agriculture, building projects, water purification, women's skill development, and youth education.

We invite you to browse through this website to learn more about what we’ve become over these many years. 

 411banner_250x305
   

 

 

 

 

 


 

Empowered by Extend, a church software solution from